SoftMaid™ is the only Software designed specifically to analyze all Municipal and industrial data related to Wastewater pump stations in order to automatically discover and highlight abnormal behaviors before they become emergencies.
the only Software designed specifically to analyze pump stations
SoftMaid™ is the only Software designed specifically to analyze all Municipal and industrial data related to Wastewater pump stations in order to automatically discover and highlight abnormal behaviors before they become emergencies. To achieve these goals:
- Data are collected by the existing SCADA system (at one second resolution) or by our Volucalc Hybrid instrument in real time and on site.
- Flow is calculated using the most advanced and accurate cycle based and real time volumetric flow algorithms ever patented.
- Electrical behavior is evaluated using voltage, current, power factor, power consumption, sequence of operations, time of operation and time off.
- Pump efficiency is utilized to compare pumps at their most meaningful units of measurement: dollars per volume pumped.
Download a 100% operational trial version from the SoftMaid™ Web page
A Download Link will be emailed to you few seconds after receiving this email.
View real flow during long cycles.
SoftMaid™ is the professional choice for
engineering flow modeling and assessments, maintenance analysis, Inflow & Infiltration trending, efficiency and operational costs reporting, improved SCADA flow totals and many more.
Water hammer effect on the pressure in a force main.
SoftMaid™ analyzes each main element behavior to extend its useful life and predict failures. One third of all electrical equipment has humanly undetectable intermittent abnormal behaviors. Detecting a problem at an early stage and planning its correction accordingly is the least expensive way to handle its maintenance.
SoftMaid™ was created to help prioritize the maintenance department tasks or the upgrade schedule by showing the operational cost of defective or less efficient equipment.
How a pump operate on a hanged float switch.
This defective level sensor did not trigger alarms on the SCADA system!
Unlike PLC controllers and SCADA software, SoftMaid™ is a diagnostic software optimized to automatically detect several anomalies of pumping stations. This means it does not require any programming by the user to detect strange activities. It is easy to program a volumetric flow formula to calculate flow when everything is normal but the professional manager needs to know as early as possible about abnormal behaviors and their costs. It takes years of lift station analysis and programming to detect the following abnormal behaviors* without special configuration from the users:
- Pumps abnormal sequence of operations
- Abnormal variation of the pumped flow rate
- Important variation of the inflow rate
- Abnormally long or short cycle
- Abnormal energy consumption
- Abnormal efficiency
- Water level falls with no pumps in operation (level sensor problems or siphon)
- Defective level sensor
- Variation of the operating level of the pumps (float switches or level sensor problems)
- User configurable alarms related to most of the inputs and calculated values like flow
* This is done automatically and in real time by the Volucalc hybrid CS
Other important features:
- Reports easily exported in Excel for custom analysis
- High accuracy volumetric flow calculated every 30 seconds or faster (with analog level data)
SoftMaid™ integrates the utility cost per Kilowatt, the amount of watt used by each pump and their pumped volumes to report dollars lost by the least efficient pumps. It shows that the worst pumps are almost always used the most! Now, it is possible to know which one they are.
SoftMaid™ transforms simple tipping bucket rain gauge data into powerful inflow and infiltration graph. When rain data are available, the software displays on the same graph dry day and wet day flow, their variation (infiltration related to rain) and rain.
User Parameters and Period Report
Voltage, Current Balance
Runtime, Starts and Abnormal Behaviors
Average of 1894 pump capacity calculation
Worst pump is the most used
Cost of wasted electricity because pump #2 is used as “normal”
Pump curves are impacted by many factors including force-main pressure, fluctuations, inflow rate changes, and impeller wear to name a few. SoftMaid™ presents the most accurate capacities under extreme conditions in which lift stations operate.
The flow rate accuracy of a volumetric flow formula is equal to its capacity to compensate for all abnormal behaviors imaginable, which occurs in one third of the stations. No, the Volume/time
formula is not enough! This is why our most basic volumetric flow algorithm is this one below and the real time volumetric flow algorithm (not displayed) is even more complicated.
Volucalc Hybrid™ records all its data at a frequency of one second. SoftMaid™ was customized to extract these data and show the results in the most useful graphs. It is the perfect complement to Volucalc Hybrid™.
SoftMaidTM Wastewater Pump Station Diagnostic Software
- Multiple measurements per chart,
- Events per cycle for diagnostic
- Infiltration (lnflow vs average dry day flow and rain)
- lnflow vs Pump capacity per cycle and rain
- Level vs Pump capacity per cycle
- Level, lnflow, Pump capacity per cycle
- Force main pressure vs Pump capacity per cycle
- Current on all pumps.
- Graph for periods longer th an 7 days
- One second data recording frequency (based on input variation)
- Variable speed pump RPM vs lnflow
- Second monthly report format