LIFT STATION SOFTWARE - MERMAID
Presentation of the MerMaid Software (10 min)
LIFT STATION PERFORMANCE ANALYZER
The MerMaid software is the first tool to integrate electrical and hydraulic analysis. It is made of two products, a datalogger and a software. The volumetric flow calculated by the Mermaid software is within 2% of the accuracy of a mag meter, but can be installed in 10 minutes and moved to other stations if needed. Electrical bills can be drastically reduced by identifying how much electricity is being wasted by inefficient pumps in a collection system. It identifies which pump should be repaired or replaced first and how much it will cost if not done. We invite you to see all the reports generated onscreen and on paper. You will understand why it pays for itself so rapidly.
Flow rates and energy consumption for each pump are required to calculate pump efficiency, which is the number of gallons pumped per watt of electricity used. Until now, getting this money saving service was too expensive and required highly trained field personal and nearly $20,000 of power and flow monitoring instruments, working for several days to get all the required data. The cost of such a service was simply too high … until now. Over a period of 20 years our engineering staff have developed the most accurate patented volumetric flow technology. Then, for 7 years we worked on the development of a multi-pump, multi-phase electrical recorder that could fit inside all pump station control panels. Now it is possible to get this valuable information at a reasonable cost.
- A higher level of accuracy in any flow condition without the need for on-site calibration.
- Optional rainfall logging feature records and characterizes rain events
- On-site sensor operation verification prior to leaving the site
- Patented algorithm
- Information Program
- Billing / Custody Transfer
- Capacity Studies
- Collection Systems
- Combined Sewer Overflows (CSO) Studies and Monitoring
- Inflow and Infiltration (I&I) Studies
- Short Term and Long-Term Flow Monitoring
- NPDES Stormwater Compliance
- Permanent Collection System Monitoring
- Plant Influent and Effluent
- Sanitary Sewer Evaluation Studies
- Weir/Flume Calibration
The MerMaid Historian Lift Station Data Analyzer will add these features to basic and sophisticated SCADA systems:
- Use the pumps starts, stops and other data recorded by the SCADA system. We make a driver specifically for your system so you won’t have any other hidden cost to use our software. Simply generate a CSV or TXT file of the stations data.
- Increase immediately the ROI of a SCADA system
- Predictive maintenance. Most electrical equipment are showing intermittent anomalies before failing. MerMaid will show them in a meaningful report.
- Shows pump efficiency. Displays how much money is wasted per year by inefficient pumps. You know how much is cost to repair a pump … Now you know how much it cost not to repair it!
- Calculate pump capacity using the most advance volumetric flow algorithm.
- View a graph of Inflow and Infiltration. See the influence of rain, snow melting or tides on the flow rate. Display the pumps capacity over it to see the pumps capacity safety margin that you really have.
- Generates all reports in PDF, Word or Excel format.
Most SCADA systems are able to generate an ASCII file related to the events occurring in a wastewater pump station. The minimum data required by MerMaid are time stamped pump starts and stops. The following data list is a plus: Rain, current, voltage, level. MerMaid can be used on all your lift stations having constant speed pumps.
The MerMaid Historian can be yours for 6,875 $ for one license (MLSOFTSC1) or 13,750 $ for 3 licenses (MLSOFTSC3). Your local Maid Labs Technology representative can sell it for less.
|NAME / PART NO.||MERMAID LIFT STATION SOFTWARE / MLFOFTM|
|Product type||Windows based software|
|Types of data displayed||Influent and effluent flow, volume, pumped volume per watt of electricity used, maximum and minimum flow of the day, week and month, rain, level, pressure, time of operation, number of starts, sequence of operation of the pumps, cost of wasted electricity caused by inefficient pumps, Abnormal behavior, current, voltage, RPM, speed, temperature, etc.|
|Electrical reports available||Summary of the pumps operation, Analog chart (current, voltage, level, pressure, temperature) and Digital events (power failure, pump run time, sequence of operation|
|Hydraulic reports available||Flow and Rain (cycle and time based including flow in and out, rain), Inflow and Infiltration (Flow, dry day flow, rain, variation of flow caused by rain, pump capacity compared to flow) and Evaluation Report (summary of the overall condition of the lift station including annual cost of wasted electricity caused by inefficient pumps)|
|Report format output||Most reports can be exported to Excel (.xls), Word (.doc), PDF and printed. Some have specific printer layout.|
|Lift station setup||Done using Wizards and direct access|
|Correction of errors||All parameters can be changed at any time|
|Flow accuracy||± 2 % average daily accuracy and ± 5 % cycle to cycle accuracy for most lift station under normal circumstances|
|Maximum number of pumps per lift station||3 x 3 phases per pump|
|Communication||Direct connect using USB, RS-232, land line modem, cellular modem and Internet|
|Real time viewer||Dials with multiple needle per pump, average current or voltage, percentage of unbalanced.|
|Maximum number of lift station monitored||Unlimited|
|Dataloggers compatible with Mermaid|
|MLVS||Volucalc Variable Speed Flowmeter|
After a one week analysis, you would get the following information:
INFLOW & INFILTRATION
EVENTS & FLOW
CURRENT, VOLTAGE & MORE
Summary page for MerMaid and Volucalc VS